NetZero Training Hub Portsmouth
Is it for me?
The renewable energy sector is expanding rapidly with the UK’s commitment to reduce carbon emissions and our reliance on fossil fuels. Billions of pounds are being invested into the sector and there are exciting opportunities for skilled workers to meet the growing demand.
This course will give you an introduction and an understanding of renewable energy technologies, how they work and what skills are required in the industry along with an overview of the growth of the market employment opportunities.
Introduction to Renewable Energy
• What is Renewable Energy?
• Energy sources
• Enhance your skills required for the working environment
• Develop confidence and motivation for employment
• Improve communication skills and personal effectiveness
Understanding Domestic Retrofit
• Provide you with an overview of information used, the health and safety considerations, the resources used, the risks of damage, contractual requirements and the processes involved as part of retrofit activities.
• This will give you a unique insight into how the industry operates and what is expected of individuals operating within the netzero and low carbon industries
What are the opportunities?
• There is a huge UK Skills gap and a shortage of labour within this sector.
• Employment opportunities, there are many new and emerging job roles within the retrofit and renewable energy/net zero industries.
Next steps & further support
Progression from this pathway could be on to a further course of study, an apprenticeship or in to one of the many job roles highlighted on the career opportunities map.
• Introduction to Renewable Energy
• Understanding Domestic Retrofit
• Work Experience
Smart Meter Installation
Electric Vehicle Awareness
Electric Vehicle/Hybrid Operations
Electric Vehicle/Hybrid Maintenance
Air Source Heat Pumps Installation
Cavity Wall Insulation
External Wall Insulation
Loft Insulation Techniques
Specific career options include;
• CAVITY INSULATION INSTALLER
• DOMESTIC ENERGY ASSESSOR
• DRAUGHT PROOFER
• HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) ENGINEER
• SOLAR PANEL INSTALLER
• THERMAL INSULATION INSTALLER